Welcome to White Oak Vacation Rental in Waynesville, NC. We hope you enjoy your visit. Please scroll through the photos and view the information below.
Quick Access List
9295 White Oak Road
Waynesville, NC 28785
Self Check-in After 2:00 PM
Please note, construction on Interstate 40 may cause traffic delays. Please use GPS traffic enabled maps like Google Maps or Waze from your mobile device to discover alternate faster routes.
Take the Fines Creek exit - Exit 15 off of I-40
Turn toward White Oak Rd. by passing over the Pigeon River
After 1 mile, take a sharp right onto White Oak Rd.
The last ~1 mile is on a gravel road
Veer left when you reach Dick’s Trail
Turn left onto the gravel driveway after the mailbox which shows the numbers 9295 (pictured in the sliding pictures above).
There is a chained gate after the first turn onto the driveway. Undo the chain and hang on the hook provided. Open the gate then continue up the gravel driveway.
Park in the driveway or utilize the additional gravel parking spaces.
Take the path to the right side of the house and up the stairs to locate the 2nd floor side entry door. Unlock the door by entering the last 4 numbers in your phone number. The code is valid during your reservation times only.
Coffee & Snacks
There is a drip coffee maker available for use. We offer starter Frac-Packs of fine grind, 100% premium Arabica coffee from Iron Brew Coffee. Each pack makes a 64 oz pot of gourmet coffee. Choose between the Breakfast Roast (Light/Silver Package), Carolina Classic (Medium/Red package), or French Roast (Dark/Black Package).
Snacks like popcorn kernels, s'mores ingredients and canned goods may be available for your use.
Convenience Centers/ Trash Disposal
Unfortunately, due to the remote location of the home and because we do not want to attract bears with outdoor garbage bins, we do not have regular trash pick-up.
There are FREE Convenience Center locations where you can drop off your garbage.
Please note, all Convenience Center locations are closed on Sunday’s. If you are checking out on Sunday, please drop-off trash on Saturday so that only 1 or 2 bags remain when you check out.
Information on the Convenience Centers are listed below, from closest to furthest from White Oak Vacation Rental. Note, holidays may impact opening dates/times.
3311 Fines Creek Road
Clyde, NC 28721
Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday from 7am-5pm
Distance from White Oak Vacation Rental: 4.2 miles
5082 Jonathan Creek Rd.
Waynesville, NC 28786
Open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday from 7am-5pm
Distance from White Oak Vacation Rental: 11 miles
5859 Crabtree Road
Clyde, NC 28721
Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sat., 7am-5pm
Distance from White Oak Vacation Rental: 16 miles
Fire pit is not equipped with firewood, although there may be wood behind the shed that you can use.
All outside fires must be in the designated fire pit container.
Make sure that all fires are out prior to leaving the property or going inside the house. Do not leave the fire unattended.
Do not use the fire pit when conditions are hazardous (windy or under a fire ban).
Burn only wood in the fire pit.
Discover the location of fire extinguishers before using the fire pit.
The fire pit is not a trash can. Do not leave trash in the firepit.
Under North Carolina General Statute, the only burning allowed is the burning of natural vegetation, in its natural state. It is a violation of state law to burn building materials, tires, or trash.
To operate the Air Popcorn Popper, follow the steps below.
1. Plug in the air popper while switch is flipped to OFF position.
2. Remove the Kernel Measuring Cup.
3. Turn ON by flipping the switch on the Base. Allow the appliance to run for about 3 minutes to heat up the Popping Chamber.
4. Turn unit OFF. Place bowl underneath the Popcorn Chute to collect popcorn.
5. Fill the Kernel Measuring Cup (¼ cup) with popcorn kernels to the line indicated on the inside of the cup.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT overfill or pack kernels into Kernel Measuring Cup as this will crowd the Popping Chamber. Doing so may result in more unpopped kernels and cause kernels to smoke or burn.
6. Pour kernels into the Popping Chamber and replace Kernel Measuring Cup.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT place oil, shortening, butter or anything other than popcorn kernels into the Popping Chamber.
7. Turn unit ON. Within minutes, fresh popcorn will begin to burst out of the Popcorn Chute and into the bowl below.
IMPORTANT: If you see or smell smoke or odor, or if this appliance begins to malfunction during use, immediately unplug the cord.
CAUTION: Occasionally a hot unpopped kernel may be thrown from the popping chute. To avoid contact with hot kernels, keep children and your face and hands a safe distance from unit during the popping process.
8. When the popping slows to around 1-2 pops per second, turn unit OFF.
NOTE: Overcooking the popcorn will cause scorching and burning.
9. Allow unit to cool for 10 minutes between popping sessions so unit does not overheat.
1. Please grill responsibly by making sure the grill is not too close to the house or wood/deck.
2. Grilling utensils are located in the cabinet under the kitchen island.
3. Turn off propane when finished grilling.
4. Please adhere to the "Leave No Trace" philosophy. If you use the grill, please clean it. If you use the grilling utensils, please clean the utensils and return to the cabinet under the kitchen island.
5. If you use the grill and don't clean it, please leave $10 on the counter for the cleaning team.
Grocery & Shopping
Food Lion: 179 Paragon Pkwy, Clyde, NC 28721 (~19 miles)
Ingles Supermarket: 630 Champion Dr, Canton, NC 28716 (~21 miles)
Walmart: 135 Town Center Loop, Waynesville, NC 28786 (~26 miles)
Publix: 124 Frazier St, Waynesville, NC 28786 (~23 miles)
Mast General Store: 63 N Main St, Waynesville, NC 28786 (~ 24 miles)
Restaurants & Brews
Please check the hours of operation before visiting. Click the restaurant name to go to the establishment's website or social media page. Listed here are places that the host has been to or have come highly recommended. There are plenty of great restaurants in Waynesville, Maggie Valley, Asheville & beyond. Let me know if you discover somewhere delicious to add to the list.
Haywood 209 Cafe
Boojum Brewing Co
Frog Level Brewing
Maggie Valley Area
Joey's Pancake House
BearWaters Brewing Co - Creekside
Near(ish) in Tennessee
Bush's Baked Bean Cafe
Day trips and other points of interest include:
Cherokee/Bryson City/Maggie Valley Waterfalls, Wine & More
- Deep Creek Trailhead in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park (Juney Whank Falls, Tom Branch Falls, Indian Creek Falls)
- Bearwaters Brewing Creekside Maggie Valley
- Dollywood / Pigeon Forge/Sevierville attractions
- Eat like the locals for Breakfast at Ferguson Supply
- Explore other Asheville attractions
Pisgah National Forest
- Mouse Creek Falls / Midnight Hole Great Smoky Mountains
Haywood Regional Medical Center
262 Leroy George Drive
Clyde, NC 28721
There are 2 fire extinguishers. One fire extinguisher is located in the kitchen cabinet above the fridge and the other is in the basement lounge area. There are flashlights and a First Aid Kit on the main floor countertop basket.
Thanks for visiting! We hope you had a great time.
Before you travel to your next destination, please:
Wash dishes used during your stay
Unplug the coffee maker & remove used filters
Check that all burners on the range/oven are turned off
Flush all toilets
Place used towels on shower floor and leave beds that were used during your stay unmade
Close & lock all doors. (The door beside the dining room is locked by closing the door, then lifting up on the handle and turning the lock.)